Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Estoy en España!

I don´t have much time, but here are the basics. We left yesterday for the bus station, but underestimated how long it would take us to walk there, and had to run the last few blocks with all our suitcases and two little boys. I was DRIPPING in sweat when we got on the bus; thank goodness for air conditioning! The bus ride was fine, as was navigating the airport. We had two hours to kill and then got on the plane. We sat on the runway for almost an hour and then left for our 2 hours flight. As soon as we walked off the plane in Spain a man asked to see our passports. He briefly glanced at them and immediately stamped them without even asking a question! We didn´t wait one minute to go through ¨customs!¨ By this time, however it was 11 pm and we were getting tired. We met up with the family we are staying with and we loaded into the car and headed to our home for 9 days. It was 1 am by the time I got to bed and I was soooo tired! Unfortunately, my window is under a street lamp, and I only got about four hours of sleep last night. I kind of feel jet lagged again! This morning we all got up late and had breakfast at 10am, which is normal for Spaniards. We went for a swim, and now it´s 2:30 and we haven´t had lunch yet! I won´t have much internet, as far as I know, so i won´t be able to put up pictures or give updates very often, but I´ll do my best. Here are some of my first impressions of Spain:

It´s mentally exhausting to try to understand all the Spanish! Because I don´t have much of an accent, everyone thinks I speak better than I do!

It took me a while to figure out how to the flush the toilet: you pull up on a little round knob

I swam in the cleanest pool I´ve ever been in and dried off in about 30 seconds in the arid, 95 degreed weather.

I love the mountains!!!

I miss air conditioning!!!!

Spainards are blunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment