Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Back in London

Last night I took the metro to the royal palace, but found out when I got there that the signs all over Madrid were wrong, and that it wasn't really free that day. Very disappointed, but oh well. At least I got to see the outside. Right now I'm sitting in the lobby of an airport hotel in London. We had to fly through London to get home, and it was a lot cheaper if we spent the night here. So....here I am. Very tired and ready to go home and dreading having to get up at 5 am to catch my very long flight tomorrow. Today was spent flying from Madrid to London. It went ok, but I'm so tired! The rest of my time in Spain went well. I was very tired of speaking Spanish, but it was really good for me. The person sitting next to me on the plane today was an American from Chicago who had just taught a year of ESL there. I got the name of the organization who hired her. Seems like an awesome opportunity. I eat McDonalds for dinner tonight since it was the cheapest thing around. Tasted pretty much the same, but the fries were skinnier and less salty. Anyway, I guess this will be my last post from Europe. I honestly didn't have many expectations before I came, and it's hard to process the experience while I'm still here. When I get home I'll post one last conclusion for the trip as a whole. I can't to see you or speak to you when I get home. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment